Here are just some problem behaviours which can be resolved.
• Problem barking or howling i.e. when left on own
• Separation Anxiety
• Destructiveness i.e. Digs holes, chews plants, clothes and other items
• Aggression i.e. to people, animals or both.
• Guarding behaviour i.e. Protective of food, toys or bed.
• Dominance behaviour i.e. jumping up on family members or visitors, mouthing and biting, barking • for attention.
• Hyperactivity inside the home
• Pulls on lead
• Won’t come back when called
If your dog displays any or a combination of the behaviours above, call immediately as the longer you leave it, the more firmly set the problems will be.
On-Line Consultations and Clinic
If you cannot attend a behavioural session due to geographical limitations(regional, interstate or international), Basil can provide written advice by e-mail and an action-plan which you can implement as part of your dog's remedial process. The cost of for this is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Obedience and Control Training
Teach your dog to be obedient by learning to take control as the pack-leader. Basil uses a common-sense approach with step by step procedures to achieve a happy and obedient pet.
• Puppy Training ( baby puppy 8 – 14 weeks) 3 sessions – Effective communication, establishing
• good behaviour patterns, problem solving, toilet training, home etiquette training, basic
• commands, leash work plus more.
• Basic Obedience ( 3 sessions) Social Walking, Sit at heel, Basic Recall (includes problem solving)
• Intermediate (5 sessions) Drop (down), Sit Stay, Drop Stay, Extended Recall, Heel on lead
• (includes problem solving)
• Advanced (dependant on dog and handler’s performance)
• Scent work ( retrieve, scent discrimination, seek)
If your dog has shown aggression, bitten a person or animal and you require an assessment of his or her temperament, a 1.5 hour consultation is required. A written assessment can also be provided for court cases or local councils at an extra cost.
Children and Dogs
If you are a dog owner expecting a new baby and require advice on how to prepare for your new arrival, Basil can provide a plan and guide you through any uncertanties. If you already have children and are about to acquire a new pup or dog, Basil can provide a step-by-step plan for the family to follow and ensure a smooth transition for both family and dog.
Basil Theofanides is a recognised industry expert who provides testimony in court cases involving dog attacks. If you are involved in a court case regarding your dog’s behaviour and require an expert opinion or assessment, please contact Basil as soon as possible.
Basil provides lectures to schools and kindergartens on responsible dog ownership and dog behaviour free of charge. This is subject to booking availability.
Basil can also provide demonstrations with the Command Dogs for community fairs and fundraisers including school fetes and local council festivals.
(Conducted at office 19 Jeffery Street, Blackburn or by arrangement at your home)
Basil can also travel to homes at an additional cost.
Fees (include GST):
Standard Counsultations (excludes temperament Assessments)
• Initial 1.5 hour consultation - $330.00
• Further hourly sessions - $220.00
Temperament Assessments & Reports* (Impounded dogs, pending court cases, dog attacks)
* Weekend assessments add extra 20% to charges.
Extra Travel charges above 5 Kilometers*:
- 5 - 10 Kilometers is $ 30.00
- 10 – 20 Kilometers is $ 60.00
- 20 – 30 Kilometers is $ 110.00
- 30 + will be assessed on an individual basis.
* Travel cost is based from Blackburn.
On-Line Clinic or Consultation Fees
These are charged on a case-by-case basis with a minimum fee of AUS $ 330.00.
If you cannot attend a behavioural session due to geographical limitations only for regional, interstate or international, Basil can provide written advice by e-mail and an action-plan which you can implement as part of your dog's remedial process. The cost of for this is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
The hours available for consultations and training sessions are subject to availability:
• Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 3.00pm
• Tuesday and Thursday evenings only 6.00 pm – 8.00pm.
• Wednesday Evening 7.00 pm – 9.00 pm
• Weekends by arrangement but uisually 10.00 am to 3.00pm Saturdays.
A minimum 2 hours notice must be given for cancellations otherwise a $40.00 late cancellation fee applies.
Basil delivering training session to overseas students on dog training and behaviour